Sullivan University is helping local churches lighten up their soul food dinners! Learn how in today’s Courier-Journal.
Posts Tagged ‘nutrition’
If you are interested in making your holiday meal lighter and healthier, check out these great ideas from Sullivan University!
On Friday, June 4, Sullivan University’s baking and pastry department chair Derek Spendlove helped launch first lady Michelle Obama’s Chefs Move to Schools program at the White House. Chef Spendlove was one of 100 chefs from across the United States who were selected to take part in the exclusive event. Chefs Move to Schools is run through the U.S. Department of Agriculture and pairs chefs with schools in their community with the goal of educating children about food and nutrition. By promoting chefs as the catalysts for creating a new nation of children’s food advocates, the program will shift eating behaviors toward healthier choices.
The launch event brought together the Chefs Move to Schools pilot group, which will work closely with the American Culinary Federation (for whom Spendlove chairs the Certification Commission), the National Restaurant Association and Share Our Strength over the summer to prepare for their work with schools this fall. The pilot group visited the White House garden, attended a speaking engagement featuring Michelle Obama and participated in a breakfast forum with Share Our Strength.
From The Blog
- Shop Ghyslain Chocolatier for Father’s Day gift ideas
- French expertise meets Southern hospitality at 2013 Maîtres Cuisiniers de France – L’Académie Culinaire de France North American conference in Charleston, S.C.
- Distilled Spirits Epicenter’s Moonshine University offers two hour Kentucky Bourbon Trail course
- National Culinary, Beverage and Travel PR Firm Seeks Public Relations Associate
- Chef Colby Garrelts of bluestem and rye restaurants in Kansas City wins prestigious James Beard Foundation award
- The Root Restaurant & Bar presents Brown Bird LIVE! with concert and dinner
- Master Chef Gutierrez of River Oaks selected to participate in JBF’s Chefs Boot Camp
- River Oaks announces savory new spring menu and wine and cocktail offerings
- Royal Cup Coffee’s Roar wins 2013 National Automatic Merchandising Association honors
- Aaron Wilson named La Coop’s new general manager
Careers At Estes
Estes Public Relations is always looking for great interns and other talented professionals.
If you'd like to get in touch with us about possible opportunities, please contact us for more information.