Sullivan University is helping local churches lighten up their soul food dinners! Learn how in today’s Courier-Journal.
Posts Tagged ‘nutrition’
If you are interested in making your holiday meal lighter and healthier, check out these great ideas from Sullivan University!
On Friday, June 4, Sullivan University’s baking and pastry department chair Derek Spendlove helped launch first lady Michelle Obama’s Chefs Move to Schools program at the White House. Chef Spendlove was one of 100 chefs from across the United States who were selected to take part in the exclusive event. Chefs Move to Schools is run through the U.S. Department of Agriculture and pairs chefs with schools in their community with the goal of educating children about food and nutrition. By promoting chefs as the catalysts for creating a new nation of children’s food advocates, the program will shift eating behaviors toward healthier choices.
The launch event brought together the Chefs Move to Schools pilot group, which will work closely with the American Culinary Federation (for whom Spendlove chairs the Certification Commission), the National Restaurant Association and Share Our Strength over the summer to prepare for their work with schools this fall. The pilot group visited the White House garden, attended a speaking engagement featuring Michelle Obama and participated in a breakfast forum with Share Our Strength.
From The Blog
- ‘Tis the Season for Catering! Louisville Chefs to Cater Your Holiday Party
- Chefs Offer Mouthwatering Thanksgiving Menus in Louisville and Chicago
- Moonshine University presents Gin Enthusiast
- Seviche chef Anthony Lamas featured in new documentary TV show “Back Home” on Fusion Network
- Carriage House named one of Esquire’s “Best New Restaurants of 2013”
- National Bourbon Heritage Month Celebrated by Kentucky Restaurants
- Carriage House, Bangers & Lace and UN86’D present Aug. 25 block party to benefit restaurant workers in need
- BAKU – Robata-Bar-Sushi – to open late August in stunning two story venue
- Distilled Spirits Epicenter and Flavorman to be featured on Travel Channel’s Bizarre Foods America
- Enjoy National Bourbon Heritage Month at the Brown Hotel
Careers At Estes
Estes Public Relations is always looking for great interns and other talented professionals.
If you'd like to get in touch with us about possible opportunities, please contact us for more information.